Shawnigan ECO-Industrial Park at a Glance:
- BC’s first ECO-Industrial park is CVRD (Cowichan Valley Regional District) zoned I-5 (Eco-Industrial).
- By definition an “eco-industrial park” features eco-friendly design and construction, waste reduction, resource recycling and sharing, and alternative energy and transportation options.
- We are restoring a previous industrial site (the site was previously used for industrial logging, railway and gravel extraction).
- The total site is approximately 17.34 acres – with the industrial component approximately 14.5 acres.
- There is a PLA in place from MOT permitting a 6 lot subdivision of 5 fee simple, approx. 2.5 acre Industrial lots.
- A number of the PLA conditions have already been met.
- Another option would be a strata design, as the zoning allows for 50% site coverage (or over 310,000 sq.ft. of Industrial/commercial building footprint).
- The site is gravelly, easy to contour, and well drained
- As SEIP proposes to provide 2.5 times the minimum required in Park dedication, the site can be connected to a regional trail network.
- Natural tree buffers are preserved, and site drainage is improved with riparian and environmental issues addressed.
- Site adaptive planned lots range from 2.22 to 14.5 acres, with the potential for smaller shops in a strata development.
- LEED-standard bylaws are incorporated into an environmentally responsible development.
- A commercial appraisal is now available
The benefits of locating at SEIP
- Businesses that require industrial property now have an opportunity to own or lease at substantially less cost than property in nearby Victoria.
- In addition to lower purchase/lease costs, companies that locate at SEIP will enjoy the added benefit of ample outdoor storage space and parking.
- Ongoing savings will also be realized thanks to lower taxes and insurance, as well as reduced energy/operating costs.
- There is three-phase electrical power to the property line.
- Locators have access to rail.
- The property is located just 1.2 Km from Trans Canada Highway.
- The site is located 20 minutes from Victoria BC (and only 10 minutes past Langford).
- A wide variety of permitted uses includes manufacturing, commercial, retail (e.g. wood products shops with retail showrooms), convenience store, restaurant, building supply, and other possibilities.
- An informal survey of Victoria area businesses, currently located in industrial areas, is showing strong interest not just in the economies involved in relocating at SEIP, but in our sustainable approach to building and operating as well
- For individual companies, compliance with CVRD I-5 bylaws is straight forward, and consulting is provided in order to streamline the process.
- If there are added construction costs, these may be offset in a number of ways (by absorption into lower property pricing; and/or by energy savings/reduced utility bills; and/or through ongoing reduced operating costs).
Appraisal, lease report and prices now available
- A commercial/Industrial appraisal, along with a lease-rate report with many comparable properties, is now available upon request.
- For prices on individual lots, specific lease rates or custom solutions, contact Pat Lintaman at 250.478.0795 or email email@example.com.
- If your business is considering a move, or needs a different, more efficient design, or just wants to reduce costs, at any time in the next 5 years, we would be interested in talking to you about your future plans.